Skip To Main Content


Please see Ms. Clarissa Sandoval if you need assistance or have questions on how to complete your FAFSA.

For Seniors!

Apply for a FSA ID and FAFSA (Free Application for Federal Student Aid).

FSA ID (Create this last week of September).

  • The student needs an FSA ID
  • ONE parent/guardian needs an FSA ID

FAFSA Website (Opens October 1, 2021)

College Board Financial Profile - CSS

In addition to the FAFSA form, many private colleges and universities require students to complete the College Board's financial aid profile in order to determine how much financial aid and scholarship assistance the student will need.

Visit the College Board's CSS Profile website!

Special Circumstances

For students who are homeless, you will need to contact the APS Title 1 Homeless Project. (505-256-8239 ext. 46902).

For students who are undocumented, you will need to contact Armando Bustamante who works with El Centro de la Raza at the University of New Mexico. (505-277-5020).

UNM & CNM Resources

FAFSA Priority Dates and Application Links:

College priority dates:

For FAFSA Help Contact Below:



To contact CNM:

  • Call (505) 224-3000
  • Or, the student may go to this link and fill out a form requesting assistance
  • Or, email


  • 761-2352 (Joni) 761-2070 (Ruben)


  • Make sure you are going to the FAFSA website and never pay money to submit the FAFSA which is FREE.
  • You will be using your 2018 taxes so make sure you have a copy of parent and student taxes (if applicable) and W-2s before you start the application. See the image below for other documents you may need.
  • Try to complete the FAFSA as soon as possible. Schools have priority deadlines and those are the dates they will start processing awards. Students who have their applications in by those dates, will be considered for the maximum amount of aid.
  • Helpful information from Big Future regarding financial aid and completing your FAFSA: Financial Aid 101

Before you Start the FAFSA

Here are the documents you will need to have on hand.

If you're a dependent student, you'll need all of these from your parents as well:

  • Your Social Security number
  • Your driver's license number (if you have one)
  • Your alien registration number (if you're not a US citizen
  • Records of investments (including stocks and bonds and real estate, and business and farm assets
  • A Federal Student Aid PIN ( to sign electronically. Get a Federal Student Aid PIN
  • Bank Statements
  • Records of untaxed income, including child support, interest income, and veteran's non-education benefits
  • Federal Tax documents, including W-2's