College and Career Resources
College and Career Information
- Junior College Fair March 31st 11:45 in the courtyard
Apply New Mexico:
Important Senior Steps:
- Create your Parchment account as soon as possible.
- Create your FSA ID for the FAFSA as soon as possible. The FAFSA will open on 10/01/2021.
- Look at The Scholarship page
- Apply to your colleges
- *Apply for the Varsity Scholarship. Read the directions and use your APS Gmail to Apply up to 10 times.
*Two-Thirds of Bachelor-degree Granting U.S. Colleges and Universities Will Not Require ACT/SAT Scores From Fall 2022 Applicants. Click here to see if your future school is on this list.
- My Next Move
- O*Net Career Search
- Why I Work
- NM Career Pathways
- NM Career Guide (PDF)
- New Mexico Wage and Career
- Career One Stop Assessment
- Explore Careers and College Majors
- New Mexico Career Ready
College Search Information
NM Lottery Scholarship
- Students must now take 15 credit hours per semester and must maintain at least a 2.5 GPA every semester to continue to be eligible
- If you maintain eligibility, you can receive the Lottery Scholarship for 7 semesters for 4-year institutions
- Students must take 12 credit hours per semester and must maintain at least a 2.5 GPA every semester to continue to be eligible
- If you maintain eligibility, you can receive the Lottery Scholarship for 3 semesters for 2-year institutions
- Common App
- Order official transcripts
- Western Undergrad Exchange
- NCAA Information
- Internship Information
- Work Permit Application (PDF)
- Apply Internationally
Seniors: you are allowed up to 5 days for campus visits. Talk to the principal if you need to create an excused absence to visit a college during the school week.
College Planning Checklist
- 9th and 10th Grade planning Timeline (PDF)
- 11th Grade Planning Timeline (PDF)
- 12th Grade Planning Timeline (PDF)
New Mexico College Guide The link below will take you to a NM College Guide. It gives details for all of our NM colleges including costs, admissions information and fast facts.
College Bound Athletes
The NCAA, NAIA, and NJCAA have processes that you need to follow to ensure your eligibility.
Enter CEEB Code : 320 - 008
Remind Class Codes
Use your last name to figure out which class you are in and text 81010 with the code below:
- College and Career 9th Grade A-L @be42k9a
- College and Career 9th Grade M-Z @kh6kb3
- College and Career 10th Grade A-L @b863d9
- College and Career 10th Grade M-Z @gbf9cg3
- College and Career 11th Grade A-L @8b2kfb
- College and Career 11th Grade M-Z @bdfakf
- College and Career 12th Grade A-L @k234ce9
- College and Career 12th Grade M-Z @ceda68
College Research Worksheet
Below is a link for a generic College Research Worksheet. I encourage you to make a copy of it and change it to make it your own. For instance, you can add a section or delete a question to list what is important to you. It is often hard to remember what each college offers when you are researching and it helps to write it down as you go.